Slow Cooker Cranberry-Apple Tart
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:30 h
- Ready In: 2:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker cranberry-apple tart.Delicious dessert cooked in slow cooker.
- frozen pastry for 9-inch pie crust,thawed
- 3/4 cup (180 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups 9750 g) peeled and sliced apples
- 1 cup(250 g) fresh cranberries
Roll pastry on floured surface into 10- inch (25 cm) round. Fit into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of 7-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven (375 F(190 C)) until lightly browned,for about 15 minutes.
In a large saucepan,combine all-purpose flour and sugar. Mix well,then add water,orange zest and nutmeg. Heat to boiling,stirring to dissolve sugar. Add apples and cranberries.reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberry pop,stirring occasionally.
Spoon fruit mixture into crust,spreading evenly. Place pan in 6-quart (6L) slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours.
Remove cranberry-apple tart from slow cooker. Cool on wire rack.