Slow Cooker Jamaican Beef Stew Recipe2021-03-15
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7:00 h
- Ready In: 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5.7 g
Trans Fat0.8 g
Unsaturated Fat0.2 g
Slow cooker Jamaican beef stew is a hearty stew full of rich and spicy flavors. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for the winter season.
5 Deliciously Savory Slow Cooking Recipes To Warm You Up On These Cold Autumn Nights
Slow cooking is a great way to cook a meal for a large group of people without having to worry about it burning or drying out. The best part about slow cooking is that you can prep everything the day before and just cook on the day of. Here are five delicious crockpot recipes that will warm you up on these cold autumn nights.
1. Slow Cooker Apple Butter– Apples are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C. Apple butter is also very versatile in that it can be used as a sweet spread for toast or bagels, served as a topping for oatmeal, or even eaten on its own with some cinnamon sprinkled on top to give it that fall flavor.
2. Crock Pot Caramel Apple Dip– Slow-cooking apples in the crockpot creates a sweet and tangy sauce perfect for topping a slice of your favorite apple pie. Make this slow cooker caramel apple dip to be ready when you are.
3. Crock Pot Beef Stew– One of the best ways to make sure that the beef stays tender and doesn’t dry out in your CrockPot beef stew is to cook it at a low temperature. If you can’t easily cut the beef into smaller pieces, use two forks to shred the meat before putting it in the crockpot. It will still come out tender and delicious.
4. Crock Pot Pork Chops with Caramelized Onions– Slow cook these pork chops to perfection with a sweet and tangy caramelized onion sauce. The slow cooker will take care of the cooking and you’ll have a delicious dinner ready in less than 20 minutes.
5. Crock Pot Chicken Chili– A hearty chicken chili made from scratch in your crockpot. It can easily serve a large family and freeze well for quick meals later on.
Slow Cooker Jamaican Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) stewed beef, chunked
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups low-fat beef broth
- 2-3 green onions, diced
- 2 pounds (960 g) potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
Season well meat with salt and black pepper. Preheat oil in a Dutch oven pan over medium heat. Add seasoned beef and cook, turning once, until browned, for about 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove cooked beef from the pan and transfer it to a slow cooker.
Add onions, green onions, minced garlic, thyme, allspice, bell pepper, bay leaves, and hot sauce to the pan. Cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, for about 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste and beef bouillon powder. Cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Pour in beef broth and bring mixture to boil, scraping all sides.
Remove the boiled vegetable mixture from the pan and pour it into the slow cooker. Add chunked carrots and potatoes. Season to taste with salt.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours. Stir well before serving.