Slow Cooker Jerk Pulled Pork2020-10-25
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced, Moderate
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 5
- Servings: 5-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7.623 g
Polyunsaturated Fat2.794 g
Slow cooker jerk pulled pork. Pork shoulder with spices and soy sauce cooked in a slow cooker. You may also like Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Sliders
Slow Cooker Jerk Pulled Pork
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 4-5 pounds (2-2.5 kg) pork shoulder, fat trimmed and cut into 2 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 g) Jerk seasoning
- 1 Habaneros pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tablespoon allspice, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger,chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bouillon powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pat dry meat with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and rub with jerk seasoning. Wrap with a plastic and refrigerate for overnight.
In a blender, combine remaining ingredients. Blend for about 30 seconds.
Remove marinated pork from refrigerator and transfer to slow cooker. Pour Jerk marinade and blended mixture over the meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until pork is tender.
Using tongs, remove cooked meat from slow cooker. Shred, using 2 forks. Transfer shredded meat to baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Pour over a little cooked marinade.
Adjust the rack in your oven so that the top of the pork is 4-5 inches below the broiler. Broil until crispy and skin is brown (for 3-5 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sauce from cooked and remaining jerk marinade. Simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency. Serve with shredded pork.