Slow Cooker Lemon Mushroom Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker lemon mushroom soup. Delicious soup cooked in slow cooker.Fresh and dried mushrooms combine in this richly flavored,lemon-accented soup.
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) hot water
- 1 oz (30 g) dried porcini
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 8 oz (240 g) cremini mushrooms,sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped lemon pulp
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bruschetta (see recipe below)
In a bowl,pour hot water over porcini mushrooms. Set aside for 20 minutes. Remove softened mushrooms with slotted spoon.
Strain liquid through cheesecloth and reserve. Coarsely chop mushrooms.
In slow cooker,combine porcini mushrooms,reserved liquid,chicken broth,wine,onion,minced garlic and rosemary leaves. Cover and cook on high -heat setting for 3-4 hours,adding lemon pulp and parsley during last 5 minutes.
In a mixing bowl,combine water and cornstarch. Mix well and add to mushroom mixture,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Place Bruschetta in bottom of soup bowls. Ladle slow cooker lemon mushroom soup over.
Bruschetta: Spray both sides of French bread with olive oil. Broil on cookie sheet 4 inches(10 cm) from the heat,until browned,2-3 minutes on each side. Rub top sides of cooked bread with cut sides of garlic.