Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce
- Yield : 6-7 cups
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic,minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (28 oz (840 ml)each) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 10-12 basil leaves torn
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onions and saute,stirring, until translucent.
Stir in red pepper flakes,parsley,oregano and thyme and cook,stirring,for a further 30 seconds.
Remove onion mixture from the heat and transfer into slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours