Slow Cooker Mexican Pozole Soup Recipe
- Yield : 4 soup bowls
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Slow cooker Mexican pozole soup recipe. This famous and delicious Mexican soup contains hominy, but you can substitute black or pinto beans. Looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 ancho chilies, stems, seeds and veins discarded
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 2 cans (14½ oz (435 ml) each) reduced-sodium,fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz (240 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14½ oz(435 g)) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can(15 oz(450 g)) hominy, drained
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For garnish: thinly sliced lettuce, cabbage,green onions, sliced avocado
In a small bowl, cover chiles with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until chilies are soft.
In a food processor, combine softened chilies and boiling water. Process until smooth.
In a slow cooker, combine chili mixture and remaining ingredients, except seasoning, and garnishes. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve slow cooker pozole soup with sliced avocado and garnishes