Slow Cooker Moo Shu Wraps2020-08-29
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6 servings
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.1 g
Slow cooker Moo Shu wraps. Pork with spices and soy sauce cooked in a slow cooker. Enjoy traditional flavors of pork in a wrap. I used homemade soy sauce to make this yummy recipe. You may also like Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken or Slow Cooker Tomato-Tortellini Soup
Slow Cooker Moo Shu Wraps
- 1 pound (480 g) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 g) plum sauce
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1/3 cup (80 g) julienned bamboo shoots
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch) warm
- 1/2 cup (125 g) hoisin sauce
- 6 small green onions, chopped
- 1/4 head shredded red cabbage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
In a small bowl, rub pork tenderloin with five-spice powder and minced garlic. Set aside and let stand for 30 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, combine plum sauce, water, soy sauce, and gingerroot. Stir well.
Place marinated pork in slow cooker. Add soy mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting until pork is very tender (about 3 hours).
Remove cooked pork from slow cooker. Cut into strips.
Return pork to slow cooker. Add carrots, bamboo shoots, and shredded cabbage. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Spread each tortilla wrap with 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce. Lay a green onion in the center. Spoon 1/4 cup pork mixture on each tortilla and roll up.