Slow Cooker Moo Shu Wraps2014-08-29
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:15 h
Slow cooker Moo Shu wraps. Enjoy traditional flavors of pork in a wrap.
- 1 pound (480 g) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 g) plum sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1/3 cup (80 g) julienned bamboo shoots
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch) warm
- 1/2 cup (125 g) hoisin sauce
- 6 small green onions,chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.to taste
In a small bowl,rub pork tenderloin with five-spice powder and minced garlic. Set aside and let stand for 30 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl,combine plum sauce,water,soy sauce and gingerroot. Stir well.
Place marinated pork in slow cooker. Add soy mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting until pork is very tender (about 3 hours).
Remove cooked pork from slow cooker. Cut into stips.
Return pork to slow cooker. Add bamboo shoots. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Spread each tortilla wrap with 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce. Lay a green onion in the center. Spoon 1/4 cup pork mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe