Slow Cooker Pineapple Shrimp Recipe2021-11-07
- Cuisine: Thai
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:30 h
- Ready In: 5:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Slow cooker pineapple shrimp recipe. Sweet and sour shrimp with pineapples, red bell peppers, and soy sauce cooked in a slow cooker. Serve this delicious shrimp recipe over the cooked rice.
If you are looking for delicious slow cooker recipes, this huge collection is for you-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Pineapple Shrimp Recipe
You may also like Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers or Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken
- 3 cans (8 oz (240 ml)) each pineapple chunks,drained and 1 cup (250 ml) juice reserved
- 1/4 cup (60 g) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (80 g) plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 pound (480 g) raw shrimp, peeled,deveined and cleaned
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped into bite-size pieces
Place drained pineapples in 4quart (4 L) slow cooker.
In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir well. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour into saucepan. Mix in 1 cup (250 ml) reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ginger. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 1 minute.
Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Add shrimp, red bell pepper, and vinegar. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for a further 30 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot rice.