Slow Cooker Potato-Onion Pot Roast
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 12:00 h
- Ready In: 12:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.8 g
Trans Fat2.5 g
Unsaturated Fat0.5 g
Slow Cooker Potato-Onion pot Roast
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) boneless beef chuck pot roast,fat trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large yeloow onions,peeled,halved and sliced
- 10 oz(300 ml) condensed beef consome
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme,crushed
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
Sprinkle fat trimmed beef with salt and black pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook meat over medium-high heat until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
In a slow cooker, combine mushrooms and onions. Mix well. Add cooked beef. Stir well.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine beef consomme,dry red wine,garlic and crushed thyme. Mix well. Pour over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Transfer cooked beef to serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm
Transfer cooked vegetable mixture from slow cooker to medium saucepan.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix until cornstarch completely dissolved. Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetables.
Cover saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
Remove the saucepan from the heat. Pour sauce over the cooked meat. Serve with mashed potatoes.