Slow Cooker Reuben-Style Chicken Casserole
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker Reuben-style chicken casserole. Chicken breasts with mustard, cheese, and sauerkraut cooked in a slow cooker. Very delicious!
- 32 oz (640 ml) jar sauerkraut,rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (250 ml) Russian salad dressing
- 1 ½ pouds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 slices low-fat rye bread,toasted
- 1 ½ cups nonfat shredded Swiss cheese
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place half of sauerkraut in bottom of greased slow cooker. Drizzle with 1/3 cup of salad dressing. Top with 3 chicken breasts. Spread prepared mustard over chicken. Top with remaining sauerkraut and chicken breasts. Drizzle another 1/3 cup of salad dressing over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Just before serving,toast the bread. Arrange toasted bread slice on each plate. Top with cooked chicken breast,sauerkraut,and sauce. Sprinkle with shredded Swiss cheese and 1 tablespoon of dressing.