Slow Cooker Risotto Primavera with Chicken
- Yield : 4 serving plates
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:30 h
- Ready In : 4:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 14½ (435 ml) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1½ cups converted rice
- 1½ cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups red,yellow, orange sweet peppers,chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- milk (optional)
- frozen broccoli,thawed
Lightly grease inside of 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In slow cooker combine chicken broth,water,rice,mushrooms,sweet peppers,shallots,garlic,basil,salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4-4½ hours.
Stir in broccoli, cooked chicken, shredded Parmesan cheese, and butter. Cover and cook for additional 30 minutes.
Stir in a little milk to make the risotto creamy.