Slow Cooker Sesame-Orange Chicken
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker sesame-orange chicken.Chicken thighs with honey and spices cooked in slow cooker.Just try this recipe!
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup (80 g) coconut aminos sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 g) clear honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
Place chicken thighs at the bottom of slow cooker.
In a food processor,combine remaining ingredients,except sesame seeds. Process until smooth. Pour honey mixture over chicken thighs. Coat well chicken with honey mixture.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours,or until chicken thighs are tender. Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker,reserving cooking liquid. Cut chicken into bite-pieces.
Transfer reserved sauce to sauce pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat until sauce thickens.
Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve immediately.