Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Yield: 12
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3:00 h
- Ready In: 3:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker sloppy joes recipe. Ground beef with vegetables and Dijon mustard cooked in slow cooker. This recipe is very similar to this one,but here is an ‘adult” version of sloppy joes with dry red wine.
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrianed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 buns
In a large nonstick skillet,cook ground beef,onion,red bell pepper and garlic over medium heat until beef is browned,crumbling with fork. Transfer cooked beef mixture to slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients,except seasoning and buns. Stir well.
Cover cooker and cook on high heat setting for 2-3 hours.
Turn off slow cooker and open the lid. Season beef mixture to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve in buns.