Slow Cooker Spiced Chicken Wings
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7:00 h
- Ready In: 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 pounds (2.5 kg) chicken wings,tips removed and split at joins
In a large mixing bowl,combine all ingredients,except chicken wings. Stir well and set aside.
In large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken wings in heated oil in several batches,about 6 minutes per batch.
Transfer cooked wings to bowl with sauce and toss well to coat. Place wings in 4½-quart (4½ l) slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours. Serve slow cooker spiced chicken wings hot.