Slow Cooker Tomato-Beef Soup
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10:00 h
- Ready In : 10:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Slow cooker tomato-beef soup. Cubed beef with tomatoes and other vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Instant coffee crystals and spices-cumin, ginger, and allspice-lend rich, brown color and piquant flavor to this delicious meaty soup.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound (480 g) beef stew meat,cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound (360 g) new potatoes,quartered
- 4 carrots,peeled and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes with chili spices
- 14 oz (420 ml) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Place all-purpose flour in a large resealable plastic food-storage bag. Add cubed beef and shake well until beef is coated.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add half of beef and brown on all sides.
Remove browned beef from the skillet. Brown remaining beef in the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Drain off fat.
In a slow cooker,combine potatoes,carrots and onion. Mix well. Add browned meat.
In a large mixing bowl,combine remaining ingredients. Stir well. Pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.