Slow Cooker Turkey Osso Busso
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 pounds(1920 g) bone-in turkey tights,skinless and fat trimmed
- 1 onion,peeled and diced
- 1 pound(480 g) frozen crinkle cut carrots
- 4 celery stalks,chopped
- 8 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) dry red wine
- 28 oz(840 g) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup(125 g) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Season turkey tights with salt and black pepper. Rub with dried thyme.
Place seasoned turkey tights in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients,except parsley and lemon peel.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until turkey is cooked through.
Remove cooked turkey tights from slow cooker. Pull meat from the bones.
Slice meat and put over cooked risotto.
Season the sauce in slow cooker with salt and black pepper. Pour over turkey.
Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon peel.