Spaghetti with Tuna and Anchovy
- Yield: 4 servings
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Spaghetti with tuna and anchovy. Very delicious Italian spaghetti recipe.
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and crushed
- 7 oz (210 ml) can of tuna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz (360 g) spaghetti
- 4 anchovy fillets,chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Drain oil from tuna into a saucepan. Add olive oil and heat.
Add onion and garlic and fry until golden. Put spaghetti into a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until tender.
Combine together anchovies,tomato purée,sugar and water. Mix and add to the fried onion mixture.Bring to the boil. Flake the tuna fish and add to the pan with seasoning. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan with the herbs. Toss lightly over low-heat for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve spaghetti with tuna hot.