Tempura Chicken Wings
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Tempura chicken wings.Very easy and tasty chicken wings recipe.
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg)chicken wings,cut into three sections,wing tips discarded
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 large eggs,lightly beaten
- vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) currant jelly
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- toasted sesame seeds(optional)
In a large resealable plastic bag,place cornstarch. Add chicken wings,a few at a time. Shake well to coat evenly.
Dip chicken wings in beaten eggs. In a deep-fat fryer,preheat vegetable oil to 375°F(190°C). Fry chicken wings until golden brown and juices run clear,turning occasionally. Drain fried chicken wings on paper towels.
In a small saucepan,combine remaining ingredients,except sesame seeds. Mix well and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer,uncovered for 10 minutes. Arrange chicken wings in greased baking pan. Pour half of sauce over wings.
Cook,uncovered,at 350°F(176°C) for 15 minutes. Turn chicken wings,top with remaining sauce and continue to cook until chicken juices run clear and coating is set. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds(optional).