Thai-Style Chicken Chunks
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 4 chicken breasts,skinless,boneless,cut into chunks
- freshly cooked jasmine rice,to serve
- fresh cilantro,chopped,to serve
- For Marinade:
- 1 red chile,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green chile,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and chopped
- 1¾ oz (50 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam Marsala
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
To Make the Marinade: In a food processor,combine red and green chilies,garlic,cilantro and lemongrass. Process until coarsely chopped.
Add the turmeric,Garam Marsala,brown sugar,fish sauce,freshly squeezed lime juice and seasoning. Blend until smooth.
Thai-Style Chicken Chunks: Place the chicken chunks into ceramic bowl. Pour over enough marinade to cover chicken chunks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Grill marinated chicken chunks over hot coals for 20 minutes,turning them frequently and basting with remaining marinade. Arrange Thai-style chicken chunks on serving plates with freshly cooed jasmine rice. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.