Pressure Cooker Beef-Chorizo Chili2016-02-19
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 15m
- 1 pound (480 g) gound beef chuck
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh chorizo sausage,casing removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large white onions,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 28 oz (540 ml) can crushed tomatoes
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook,stirring,until it begin soften. Working in small batches,add ground beef and chorizo,mashing them with a fork until each batch is no longer pink,then adding the next batch. Stir in garlic and spices. Stir in beef broth and tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce to low. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker and let stand for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Serve beef-chorizo chili hot,topping with sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe