- Servings : 25
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Shrimp Tempura.Dip-fried shrimp.Very tasty Japanese appetizer.
- 1 pound (480 g) jumbo shrimps,peeled with tails left on
- vegetable oil
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1 cup cake flour
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch,divided
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) ice cold soda water
- green tea salt(see recipe below)
- Ingredients For Green Tea Salt:
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons loose leaf green tea
In Dutch oven,add vegetable oil to a depth of 2-inches (5 cm). Heat over medium-high heat until temperature reaches 350°F (180°C).
In a mixing bowl,combine egg,flour and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Mix well.
Add to mixture soda water. Mix until blended.
Spread remaining 3 tablespoons of cornstarch on a plate and dredge shrimp on it. Dip shrimp in egg mixture,holding by the tail end.
Add shrimp to hot oil in batch (6 at a time) and fry until crisp,turning once,1 minutes per side. Place cooked shrimp tempura to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain and sprinkle with green tea salt.
Green Tea Salt: In a grinder,combine 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt and 2 teaspoons loose leaf green tea. Grind well and sprinkle over shrimp tempura.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe