Slow Cooker Herbed Stroganoff with Mushrooms2015-04-23
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10:30 h
- Ready In : 10:40 h
Slow Cooker Herbed Stroganoff with Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 cups (370 ml) beef broth,divided
- 1 1/2 pounds (720 g) beef stew meat,cubed
- 2 cups (500 g) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry cherry
- 1 cup (250 g) nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup 9125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 4 cups (1 kg) cooked egg noodles
Lightly grease large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon beef broth and heat over medium-high heat.
Add beef stew meat and and cook until browned on all sides. Turn off the heat and.Drain cooked meat.
Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In slow cooker,combine cooked beef,mushrooms,minced garlic,oregano,thyme,black pepper and bay leaf. Pour over cherry and remaining beef broth. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Discard bay leaf. Turn heat to high.
In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream,all-purpose flour and water. Mix well. Add 1 cup (250 ml) of cooking liquid from slow cooker to flour mixture. Mix well.
Return mixture to slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes. Serve over cooked noodles.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe