Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 pounds(1440 g) meaty chicken pieces(breasts,thighs, and drumsticks),skinned
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 oz(180 g) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine(such as Merlot)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 3½-5 quart(3½-5 L) slow cooker place mushrooms,chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl,combine chicken broth,tomato paste,dry red wine,tapioca,crushed basil,sugar,salt and black pepper.
- Mix well and pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
- To serve,spoon slow cooker chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce over cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.