Baked Cod with Braised Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Baked cod with braised potatoes. Cod fillets with vegetables cooked in a halogen (turbo) oven.
- 1 onion,peeled,halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-5 medium potatoes,peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot vegetable stock
- 1 pound (480 g) skinless cod fillet,cut into 4 even-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In large nonstick skillet heat the vegetable oil. Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes,until softened. Lightly grease a rectangular dish with knob of butter.
Place the low rack in the turbo oven. Preheat the turbo oven to 347°F (175°C).
Layer half the potatoes in prepared dish and top with half of onions. Sprinkle with black pepper,a little salt and half of the thyme. Repeat the layers. Pour over the hot vegetable stock. Put half of remaining butter over the potatoes. Bake potatoes and onions for 40-45 minutes until potatoes tender.
Check after first 15 minutes;if potatoes start to over-brown,cover with aluminum foil. In the frying pan,melt the remaining butter and fry cod fillets until lightly browned on both sides. Remove turbo oven lid and put cod fillets on top of cooked potatoe
Replace the lid,and cook for additional 3-4 minutes,until fish cooked through. Garnish baked cod with chopped parsley.