Baked Mackerel in Mushroom Sauce
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Baked mackerel in mushroom sauce. Skillet fried mackerel fillets with delicious mushroom sauce.
- 8 oz (240 g) button mushrooms,sliced
- 2 onions,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- 12 oz (360 g) tomatoes,cut into 1/2-inch(1.,2 cm) slices
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds (960 g) mackerel fillets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Add onions,mushrooms and garlic and cook for 10-12 minutes,stirring gently. Season with salt and black pepper.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of vinegar and boil until it evaporates. Deep mackerel fillets in seasoned flour.
Add fish fillets and fry for 5 minutes on each side. Drain and arrange baked mackerel on a serving dish. Add tomato slices to frying pan and fry for 2 minutes.
Spoon mushroom mixture over baked mackerel fillets. Season tomatoes with salt and black pepper and arrange on top. Serve baked mackerel hot.