Chicken a La King2015-10-24
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Chicken a la king.Very delicious French recipe.Very easy to cook!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 1/2 pound (240 g) mushrooms,sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) diced green pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) half-and-half
- 4 cups (1 kg) cooked chicken,cubed
- 4 oz (120 g) jar diced pimentos,drained
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 8 patty shells,warmed
Heat melted butter in large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and green pepper and cook,stirring until tender (for about 5 minutes).
Stir in all-purpose flour until blended. Gradually stir in half-and-half and cook,stirring,until thickened.
Add cubed chicken and drained pimentos. Bring to a boil over high heat,then reduce heat to low and cook covered for 5 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl,whisk egg yolks until mixed. Stir in a little hot sauce. Slowly pour mixture back to prevent lumping. Cook,stirring,until thickened.
Stir in sherry and salt. Spoon chicken mixture into patty shells. Serve warm.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe