Chicken Breasts with Mustard-Shallot Sauce2020-08-18
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.9 g
Chicken Breasts with Mustard-Shallot Sauce
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter ,melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Sprinkle chicken breast halves with salt and black pepper.
In a heavy nonstick skillet, combine melted butter and chicken breasts(skin side down). Cook until lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
Turn the chicken and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Remove cooked chicken breasts to a warm platter.
Add chopped shallots and thyme to skillet and cook, stirring, until the shallot is wilted. Add the balsamic vinegar, white wine Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Pour in chicken broth and boil again.
Stir in tomato paste and cook until reduced by half. Add heavy cream and bring to a full rolling boil. Stir in Dijon-style mustard.
Spoon mustard-shallot sauce over chicken breasts. Serve chicken breasts with mustard-shallot sauce, cooked broccoli, and chopped parsley.