Coquille of Shrimp and Scallops2015-11-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Coquille of shrimp and scallops. Easy& delicious!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 8 raw tiger shrimp,peeled,deveined and cut in three
- 3/4 pound (360 g) scallops
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) light cream
- 1 cup 9250 g0 grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
Grease large pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Add shrimp,scallops,1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley and dry white wine. Mix well,season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and set seafood aside. Strain cooking liquid into bowl and set aside.
Heat remaining butter in saucepan. Stir in all-purpose flour. Cook for 1 minute over low-heat.
Pour reserved cooking liquid in separate saucepan. Cook,reducing by half over medium-high heat.
Stir reduced cooking liquid into flour mixture. Stir in light cream and remaining parsley.Mix well. Cook for 8-10 minutes over low heat.
Stir in half of Gruyere cheese and ground nutmeg. Cook 2 minutes over low heat.
Place seafood in sauce. Spoon seafood mixture into individual scallop shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil in preheated broiler for 5 minutes.
Remove cooked seafood from the oven. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe