Couscous with Shrimp and Spinach
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 small onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes,roughly chopped
- freshly squeezed lemon juice of 1 lemon
- lemon rind,finely grated
- handful of spinach leaves,roughly chopped
- 7 oz (210 g) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 7 oz (210 g) cooked shrimp,shelled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Set turbo oven temperature to 400°F(200°C). Place the couscous into a large bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave to stand,stirring occasionally.
In a baking dish combine olive oil and onion. Put in preheated turbo oven and cook for 3-5 minutes until browned. Drain the couscous.
Remove onion mixture from turbo oven. Stir into the softened onion the tomatoes,lemon rind and juice,spinach,liquid stock,pine nuts,shrimp,seasonings and 1/4 pint (150 ml) boiling water. Stir in couscous,cover turbo oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve couscous with shrimps and spinach immediately.