Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Noodles2021-01-16
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Ready In: 60m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7.5 g
Trans Fat4.1 g
Unsaturated Fat1.7 g
Crispy chicken with creamy Italian sauce and noodles. This dish is a family favorite that you can whip up in under 40 minutes with just a few ingredients. Tender, juicy chicken breasts are coated in an Italian-style sauce, then tossed with penne noodles and topped with loads of Parmesan cheese.
The dish has an Italian flair to it which makes it very appealing. The sauce on this dish has milk, cream, chicken broth, and chicken soup in it which gives the sauce a very rich flavor. The noodles are cooked in butter which gives them a nice taste and texture as well as helps to keep them from sticking together when they are served up next to the chicken.
What are the steps to make crispy chicken with creamy Italian sauce and noodles in an oven?
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Place the chicken on the baking sheet, skin side down, and then season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and dried thyme leaves.
4. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
5. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing into pieces to serve.
6. In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil and butter then add minced garlic cloves, and diced onions and saute until onions are soft but not browned (about 3-5 minutes).
7 Add chicken broth, canned tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, and bay leaves and stir until heated through.
8. Reduce heat to low then add the shredded carrot and celery to the pan with salt and pepper.
9. Allow veggies to simmer for about 5 minutes or until carrots are soft then add in the shredded zucchini and simmer for another 5 minutes.
10. When the zucchini is soft, add in the frozen spinach and stir until heated through then remove from heat.
11. In a small bowl whisk together eggs and milk then add to the zucchini mixture (you may need more or less depending on how saucy you like your lasagna)
12. Add cooked lasagna noodles to the pan then top with mozzarella, asiago, and the Parmesan cheeses.
13. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.14. Allow lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into lasagna noodles and adding to individual serving bowls hope you love this recipe!
Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Noodles
You may like as well:
Air Fryer Coconut Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Lollipops Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Ala King Recipe
Air Fryer Peach-Glazed Chicken Breasts
Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
- 3 large chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 5 cups (1250 g) corn flakes
- 3/4 cup (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz (360 g) package noodles
- For Sauce:10 oz (300 g) Philadelphia Cooking Cream
- 2 cans chicken soup
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- fresh parsley, chopped
Place corn flakes in a food processor. Crush into crumbs.
In a mixing bowl, combine salt and all-purpose flour. Stir well to combine.
Place flour mixture, crushed corn flakes, and milk into separate pans.
Place chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag and seal the top. Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. Cut each chicken breast in half.
Dredge both sides of chicken in flour mixture. Arrange floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to cooking instructions.
Remove chicken from the refrigerator. Dredge each chicken piece in the milk and then into the corn flake crumbs ( be sure both sides are covered well.)
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil until bubbly. Add chicken pieces into the hot oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Cover pan with a lid, then reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for additional 7 minutes. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a.serving plate. Cover with aluminum foil.
In the same pan, combine Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, milk, chicken soup, and broth. Cook,stirring,until warm and bubbly.
Slice cooked chicken into strips. Serve over cooked pasta and Italian sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.