Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato Sauce2013-12-08
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
Fried chicken in spicy tomato sauce.Spicy chicken cooked in skillet.Easy and delicious.
- 2×2pounds(960g) chicken,cut into 8 pieces
- 20 dried chilies,soaked
- 2 onions,peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic,peeled
- 1¹⁄³ oz(40 g) ginger,roughly chopped
- 5 lemongrass,roughly chopped
- 2 stars anise
- 4 cloves
- 3-inches(7.5 cm) of cinnamon
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 oz (30 g) galangal(lengcuas)
- 1 can(400 ml) coconut milk
- salt and ground turmeric,to taste
- vegetable oil for frying plus 1/4 cup extra
Rub chicken pieces with salt and ground turmeric. Set aside for 30 minutes.
In a large skillet,heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until golden. Set fried chicken pieces aside.
In a blender or food processor,combine onion,ginger,galangal,lemongrass,chilies and garlic. Process until it forms a paste.
In a deep skillet,heat 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Add cinnamon,cloves,anise and cardamom. Sauté until fragrant,then add blended paste.
Increase the heat and cook until bubbled. Reduce the heat and simmer until paste is fragrant and oil separates from the paste.
Add canned tomato soup,coconut milk and fried chicken. Bring to a boil,the reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is thickened.
Season with salt,to taste. Serve fried chicken hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe