Fried Crispy Shrimp Poppers
- Yield: 20
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Fried crispy shrimp poppers.Shrimp with cream cheese,bacon and eggs fried in deep-fryer.
- 20 fresh medium shrimp,peeled , deveined and butterflied
- 4 oz (120 g) cream cheese softened
- 10 bacon strips,cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 2 cups (500 g) Panko bread crumbs
- cooking oil for deep frying
Spread 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each butterflied shrimp. Wrap each shrimp with piece of bacon. Secure with toothpick.
Using three separate bowls,place all-purpose flour,beaten eggs and bread crumbs. First,coat the shrimp with flour,dip into beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs.
Heat cooking oil in deep-fryer to 375 F (180 C). Working in a batches,fry shrimp for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain fried shrimp and pat dry with paper towel. Discard toothpicks before serving.