Fried Crispy Shrimp Poppers2022-03-10
- Yield: 20
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat2.5 g
Fried crispy shrimp poppers. Shrimp with cream cheese, bacon, and eggs fried in a deep-fryer.
Fried Crispy Shrimp Poppers
- 20 fresh medium shrimp,peeled , deveined and butterflied
- 4 oz (120 g) cream cheese softened
- 10 bacon strips,cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 2 cups (500 g) Panko bread crumbs
- cooking oil for deep frying
Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese inside each butterflied shrimp. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
Using three separate bowls, place all-purpose flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs. First, coat the shrimp with flour, dip it into the beaten egg, and coat it with breadcrumbs.
Heat cooking oil in a deep-fryer to 375 F (180 C). Working in batches, fry shrimp for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain fried shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard toothpicks before serving.