Instant Pot Orzo with Spinach and Cheese2022-09-06
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Ready In: 22m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.8 g
Trans Fat3.1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.8 g
Instant pot orzo with spinach and cheese. Italian pasta with spinach and cheese cooked in an electric instant pot. Cook it in a slow cooker-Slow Cooker Italian Orzo Soup
Instant Pot Orzo with Spinach and Cheese
You may like as well:
- 1 oz (30 g) unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2½ cups (625 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
Heat the butter in an instant pot, turned to the sauté mode. Add chopped onions and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
Stir in the lemon zest, black pepper, and orzo. Pour in the vegetable stock.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 5 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. Stir in Parmesan cheese, spinach, and lemon juice. Stir well until cheese has melted.