Oven Baked Butter-Poached Lobster
- Yield: 4 serving plates
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 8 small frozen rock lobster tails,thawed
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white vermouth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
Remove lobster meat from the shell and keep it all in one piece. Drizzle lobster meat with lemon juice and season with sea salt and white pepper.
Heat the butter in a heavy casserole until bubbling. Dip the lobster meat in the hot butter, then top the casserole with a parchment paper round, cover with a lid and cook in the oven 6-8 minutes. Remove casserole from the oven.
Transfer cooked lobster to a platter and keep warm.
Place the casserole over high heat and gently stir in chicken stock and white wine. Reduce until the liquid is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
Gently stir in vermouth and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the heavy cream. Season oven baked butter-poached lobster with salt and pepper. Serve the sauce over lobster.