Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken Lasagna
- Yield : 9-12
- Servings : 9-12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Oven baked Parmesan chicken lasagna. Famous Italian lasagna with chicken,peas and Parmesan cheese.
- 10-15 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (750 g) cooked shredded chicken
- 12 oz (360 g) frozen peas,thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 g) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 g) seasoned bread crumbs
- chopped fresh herbs for topping
- For the Sauce:6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups (1.25 L) milk
To make sauce:In a large sauce pan,combine melted butter and minced garlic. Saute,stirring,over medium-high heat until fragrant. Add all-purpose flour,poultry seasoning and salt. Cook,whisking,for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk,one cup at a time.whisking after each addition. Allow to thickens each time before adding the next cup of milk. Cook until sauce smooth and thick. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Grease a 9x13 inches (22.5x32.5 cm) baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Cover bottom of baking pan with 5 broken lasagna noodles,half of shredded chicken,half of thawed peas,1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese,1/2 cup water and 1½ cups sauce. Repeat the same layer one more time. Top with layer of broken lasagna noodles,1/3 cup water,1½ cups sauce and 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle evenly with seasoned bread crumbs.
Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
Sprinkle oven baked Parmesan chicken lasagna with chopped fresh herbs (parsley,thyme).
Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.