Plum and Chicken Soup
- Servings : 2-3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Plum and chicken soup.Excellent soup with chicken breasts,plums and roasted garlic.Add to your soup recipes collection!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 g) onion,peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) chopped celery
- 5-6 plums,stoned and chopped
- 1 chicken breast,boneless,skinless and cut into pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 cloves chopped garlic and fry,stirring, for a few seconds. Add sliced onion,celery and fry for a further 1 minute. Add chopped plums and chicken pieces and continue frying for 1 minute. Add bay leaf and chicken stock and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove sauce pan from the heat. Discard bay leaf.
In a blender,combine cooked mixture. Blend until smooth and set aside.
In a sauce pan In a small pan.heat remaining olive oil.
Add remaining garlic and fry,stirring,until golden brown and crisp.
Pour oil-garlic mixture over soup. Serve plum and chicken soup hot.
In a small pan.heat remaining olive oil. Add remaining garlic and fry,stirring,until golden brown and crisp. Pour oil-garlic mixture over soup.
Serve plum and chicken soup hot.