Pressure Cooker Buffalo-Style Chicken Chili
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Pressure cooker Buffalo-style chicken chili. Ground chicken with vegetables,beer and spices cooked in a pressure cooker. Very delicious classic chili recipe!
- 1 cup (250 g) cannelinni beans,soaked,drained and rinsed
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped fresh celery
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) ground chicken breast
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) beer
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly gound cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a pressure cooker,combine soaked beans,water and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Mix well. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat and open pressure cooker. Pour the beans and cooking liquid into the a bowl,cover and keep warm.
Clean pressure cooker. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil oil over medium-high heat. Add onion,celery,carrots and garlic. Cook,stirring,until vegetables begin to soften,about 3 minutes. Stir in ground chicken and cook,stirring,to break up any large chunks of meat,until chicken cooked through.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well to combine. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker with natural release method. let stand for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve chicken chili warm over cooked. spaghetti