Pressure Cooker Char Siu Pork Ribs
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,2 pounds (960 g) baby back pork ribs,cut into individual ribs
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- pinch ground allspice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- pinch of freshly ground white pepper
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,brown pork ribs in a single layer on both sides. Using a tongs,transfer browned ribs to a plate.
Add garlic to pressure cooker and cook,stirring,for 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients.Mix well to combine.
Return the ribs to the pot.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Place a heat diffuser on the burner and set cooker on it. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker and,using a tongs,transfer cooked ribs to serving platter.Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Skim any fat from top of sauce. Spoon sauce over ribs and serve immediately.