Pressure Cooker Chicken Paprikas
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 17m
Average Member Rating
(3.6 / 5)
37people rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 white onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper,seesded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika,sweet or hot
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,brown chicken thighs on both sides (for about 4-5 minutes per side). Transfer browned chicken to the plate.
Add onion,red ball pepper,paprika,dill,tomato sauce and chicken broth to pressure cooker. Mix well. Return browned chicken to the pot. Season with salt.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner temperature to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Using a tongs,transfer cooked chicken to a plate. Cover with aluminum plate and keep warm.
In a small mixing bowl,combine sour cream and all-purpose flour. Mix until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) of cooking liquid. Mix until smooth. Cook,stirring,until mixture simmers and thickens.
Return chicken thighs to the pot. Reheat briefly over low heat without boiling.