Pressure Cooker Coffee-Braised Chuck Roast2017-01-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:25 h
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large onion,peeles,halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup (250 ml) very strong black coffee
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a pressure cooker,heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add sliced onion and cumin seeds. Cook,stirring,until onion lightly browned (for 7about 7 minutes).
Push browned onion and cumin seeds to the sides of pressure cooker. Add beef chuck roast and brown on all sides,turning once (for about 8 minutes).
Add remaining ingredients.Season with salt and black pepper.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set a timer to cook for 75 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release mode. Using a tongs,remove cooked meat from pressure cooker and transfer to a cutting board.
Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked onions to a small serving bowl. Defat the sauce,skimming it with a small spoon.
Bring sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat. Boil,stirring occasionally, until sauce reduced to half (for about 7 minutes)
Slice beef chuck roast. Pour sauce over meat and serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe