Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts,chunked
- 1 large white onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam marsala
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy (double) cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60 g) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl,combine Greek yogurt,grated ginger,curry powder and chili powder. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
Season chunked chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper.
In pressure cooker,melt half of butter over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,cook seasoned chicken chunks until no pink.
Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked chicken to the bowl with yogurt mixture. Stir well until chicken pieces are well coated. Set aside and allow to marinate.
Heat remaining butter to pressure cooker. Add chopped onion and cook ,stirring,until it softens,for about 3 minutes. Stir in jalapeno and garam marsala and continue to cook,stirring,until it's fragrant. Stir in chicken broth and tomato paste.
Using an immersion blender,blend until mixture is smooth. Stir in marinated chicken chunks together with marinade and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Mix well.
Close the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Switch burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set a timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker with Quick Release method.
Stir in heavy (double) cream and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Heat for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
Serve pressure cooker Indian butter chicken over cooked rice.