Pressure Cooker Poached Chicken Breasts2021-02-07
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6m
- Ready In: 16m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.4 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat1.5 g
Pressure cooker poached chicken breasts. Pressure cookers make it easy to prepare healthy and delicious chicken breasts, perfect for a weeknight dinner.
What is the purpose of using a pressure cooker to prepare poached chicken breasts?
The purpose of using a pressure cooker to prepare poached chicken breasts is that the cooking time is shorter than usual and the food cooks evenly.
A pressure cooker can help you get a perfectly cooked and tender piece of chicken breast in no time. It is also possible to cook other types of meat in it, such as beef, pork, lamb, and even vegetables like potatoes or cauliflower.
The most important thing about using a pressure cooker for poaching is that you have to be careful with the amount of liquid you add because too much liquid will make for a watery dish.
How do you know when the chicken is ready?
The chicken is done when it is cooked through, the juices run clear, and the meat separates from the skin.
What are some other types of recipes that can be created using a pressure cooker?
A pressure cooker is a kitchen appliance that cooks food quickly by applying pressure to the ingredients. It is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for many types of recipes. Some other types of recipes that can be created using a pressure cooker are:
– Pressure cookers can also be used for steaming vegetables and fish. Cooking in this way creates an extra-rich broth with vegetables, which is then used as the base for soup or stew.
– You can also make braised chicken or beef in the pressure cooker, which will have a nice, rich flavor.
– Pressure cooking beans will take about 2 hours and will create about twice as much volume of cooked beans as compared to doing it on the stovetop.
– The same process works well with grains like rice and quinoa.
– Pressure cookers are perfect for cooking beans and grains because they create a moist, creamy texture.
– The pressure cooker is also the most efficient way to cook vegetables, and you only need to add a little bit of liquid for them to be cooked perfectly by the machine. The pressure cooker is beneficial for health because it can help reduce your salt intake and maintain the nutritional content of vegetables.
Pressure Cooker Poached Chicken Breasts
You may like as well:
Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Slow Cooker Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- 6-10 boneless and skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 rib celery, chunked
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 2 cups (500 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place chicken breasts, celery, and parsley in a pressure cooker. Pour chicken broth over to cover the chicken.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook to high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 9 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. carefully unlock and open the lid Strain chicken broth. Remove poached chicken breasts from the pressure cooker and transfer them to a serving platter. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.