Pressure Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) package dried large cannellini beans,soaked,drained and rinsed under cold water
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken broth
- 2 cloves garli,peeled and minced
- 2 medium white onions,peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh cilantro,chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts,cubed
- 3 cups (750 g) coarsely grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (14 1/2–ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
In a pressure cooker,combine cannellini beans,chicken broth,garlic and half of onions. Bring to a boil.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using a quick release mode.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion and cook,stirring,until soft and lightly golden. Add to cooked beans in pressure cooker. Stir in tomatoes cumin,oregano,cayenne pepper, cubed chicken and cilantro.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 2 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using natural release method. Set aside for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Top with grated Monterey jack cheese and serve.