Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Stew2022-04-16
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.1 g
Trans Fat0.2 g
Unsaturated Fat0.2 g
Slow cooker apricot chicken stew. Chicken with dry white wine, apricot jam, and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Apricot jam and Dijon mustard flavor the wine sauce in this easy and delicious chicken stew.
You may also like Chicken-Ginger Soup, another tasty chicken recipe cooked in a slow cooker/crockpot.
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Stew
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot jam
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and seasoning in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on a high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir in cornstarch mixture, stirring 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve slow cooker apricot chicken stew over the cooked rice.