Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs Recipe2022-05-07
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.8 / 5)
8 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.6 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat2.2 g
Why Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs are a Delicious and Easy Meal
Apricot Chicken Thighs are a perfect meal for anyone who wants to enjoy a delicious and easy-to-prepare dish. This recipe is perfect for busy people who don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen, but still want to enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal. The combination of bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs, vegetables, and a flavorful sauce made with apricot preserves makes this dish a crowd-pleaser.
Plus, cooking it in a slow cooker means that you can set it and forget it, making it an ideal meal for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or for your family, Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs are sure to be a hit.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Thighs Recipe
To make Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs, you will need bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs, apricot preserves, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, almonds, and onion. You can also add other vegetables of your choice such as potatoes or bell peppers to make the dish even more nutritious. Make sure to have a slow cooker on hand as well. With these simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and flavorful meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Step-by-Step Instructions for CookingApricot Chicken Thighs
To cook Apricot Chicken Thighs, you will need to follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Start by preparing the chicken thighs. Rinse them under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of each thigh with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs skin-side down. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken thighs and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
3. Transfer the chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Add sliced onions and chopped garlic, to the same skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard, Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the slow cooker.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. The chicken should be cooked through and tender.
6. Once done, remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker and transfer them to a serving platter. Spoon the vegetables and sauce over the chicken.
7. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro and serve hot with your favorite sides like rice, mashed potatoes, or roasted vegetables.
By following these simple steps, you can easily make delicious Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs that are perfect for a weeknight dinner or a family gathering.
Tips for Serving and Storing Chicken Thighs
To get the most out of your Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs, here are some tips for serving and storing them. First, make sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful dish.
When it comes to serving, you can pair the chicken with a variety of sides such as rice, quinoa, or roasted vegetables. The sauce that the chicken cooks is also delicious and can be spooned over the chicken and sides for added flavor.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply microwave the chicken until heated through or warm it up in a pan on the stove. The sauce may thicken when refrigerated, so you can thin it out with a little bit of water or chicken broth when reheating.
Overall, Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs is a versatile and easy meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. With these tips, you can ensure that your leftovers taste just as good as the first time around.
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs Recipe
You may also like
- 6 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) apricot preserves
- 1 oz (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- almonds (optional)
In a small mixing bowl, combine apricot preserves, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, and ginger. Whisk well and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and black pepper. Add the seasoned chicken, skin-side down, to the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown. Remove cooked chicken thighs from the skillet and transfer to the slow cooker.
Add sliced onion to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened. Place cooked onion in the slow cooker. Pour apricot sauce over.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Transfer the cooked chicken mixture to serving plates. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and almonds (optional) Serve hot.