Slow Cooker Basque-Style Tuna
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3:00 h
- Ready In: 3:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker Basque-style tuna. Tuna with vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Delicious Basque recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow inion,peeled and finaly chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) boiling fish stock
- 7 oz (210 ml) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chilies
- 1 pound (480 g) new potatoes,peeled and chunked
- 1 small sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh tuna,chunked
In a large saucepan,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and fry,stirring,for 10 minutes until soft and translucent. Stir in garlic,then wine,fish stock,tomatoes,paprika and chilies. Cook until start to bubble,then pout mixture into slow cooker.
Add chunked potatoes,rosemary and bay leaf to slow cooker. Stir well to combine. Close slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2-2 ½ hours or until potatoes are tender. Season sauce with salt and black pepper.
Stir chunks of tuna into the sauce. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 15-20 minutes or until tuna chunks are firm and opaque.
Discard rosemary and bay leaf. Ladle stew into wormed bowls and season with salt and black pepper.