Slow Cooker Beef Bean Chili
- Yield: 5
- Servings: 5
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:25 h
- Ready In: 8:35 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker beef bean chili. Chunked beef with beans and vegetables cooked in slow cooker. Very easy and tasty. This bean chili recipe adapted from https://www.bettycrocker.com/
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (960 g) cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cans (15 oz (450 ml) each) black beans,drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz (435 ml) each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
In a large nonstick skillet,heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook,stirring,until onion softened (for about 4-5 minutes).
Add chili powder,ground cumin,chunked beef and seasoning. Cook,stirring occasionally,until beef is lightly browned.
Transfer cooked beef mixture to slow cooker. Stir in beans,diced tomatoes and water.
Close slow cooker and on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or until beef and beans are fork tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Open cooker and stir well chili. Transfer to serving bowls. Serve immediately.