Slow Cooker Burgundy Chicken Stew
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 whole chicken,cut up
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) Burgundy wine
- 6 oz(180 g) small mushrooms,cut into halves
- 6 small new potatoes,unpeeled and scrubbed
- 1 cup(250 g) frozen pearl onions,thawed
- 1/2 cup(125 g) sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon died thyme leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.to taste
In 6-quart(6L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,water and seasoning.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn heat to high and cook for additional 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.