Slow Cooker Campfired-Up Sloppy Joes2017-02-23
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 3:00 h
- Ready In : 3:10 h
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper,cored,seeded and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 oz (240 ml) can baked beans
- 6 kaiser rolls,split and warmed
- shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large nonstick skillet,brown ground beef,onion,red bell pepper and garlic for 6-8 minutes,stirring to break up meat. Drain cooked beef and discard excess fat. Transfer beef mixture to slow cooker.
In a small mixing bowl,combine ketchup,barbecue sauce,vinegar,Worcestershire sauce,brown sugar and chili powder. Mix well. Pour in ketchup mixture to slow cooker. Add baked beans and stir well to combine.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting for 3 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Remove beef mixture from slow cooker. To serve,split rolls with 1/2 cup (125 ml) sloppy joes mixture. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe