Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo Soup Recipe2022-04-29
- Yield: 12
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.8 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.3 g
Slow cooker chicken gumbo soup recipe. Cubed chicken breasts with ham, sausages, and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and tasty chicken soup recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo Soup Recipe
Chicken gumbo soup is a hearty and comforting dish that’s perfect for chilly days. This recipe combines tender cubed chicken breasts with savory ham, sausages, and a variety of vegetables to create a flavorful and satisfying soup. The best part? It’s all made in a slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it while the delicious aroma fills your home.
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a crowd-pleasing party dish, this slow-cooker chicken gumbo soup is sure to impress.
Ingredients: Cubed Chicken Breasts with Ham, Sausages, and Vegetables
To make this comforting and flavorful slow cooker chicken gumbo soup, you will need a variety of ingredients. Start with cubed chicken breasts, which will provide the protein for the dish.
Next, add in the ham and sliced sausages, such as andouille or kielbasa, to give the soup a smoky and savory flavor.
For the vegetables, you will need chopped onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and celery. These aromatic vegetables will add depth and complexity to the soup.
Finally, you will need diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and a variety of spices, including paprika, thyme, cayenne pepper, and salt. With these ingredients, you’ll be able to create a delicious and hearty soup that is perfect for any occasion.
YOU MAY LIKE AS WELL:
Serving Suggestions: Enjoying Your Delicious Homemade Soup
Once your chicken gumbo soup is ready, it’s time to enjoy the delicious flavors and comforting warmth. Here are some serving suggestions to make the most of your homemade soup:
1. Serve with Rice: A classic way to enjoy gumbo is by serving it over rice. You can use white or brown rice, depending on your preference. Simply spoon the soup over a bed of rice and enjoy.
2. Add Some Heat: If you like your soup spicy, add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste. This will give your gumbo a nice kick and enhance the flavors.
3. Top with Fresh Herbs: Adding fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or green onions can give your soup a burst of freshness and color. Simply chop them up and sprinkle them over the top of your soup before serving.
4. Pair with Bread: Gumbo soup pairs well with crusty bread or cornbread. You can dip the bread into the soup or use it to soak up any remaining broth.
5. Freeze for Later: If you have leftovers, you can freeze them for later. Simply let the soup cool down, then transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply thaw and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
With these serving suggestions, you can enjoy your slow-cooker chicken gumbo soup in a variety of ways. Whether you prefer it spicy or mild, with rice or bread, this flavorful soup is sure to satisfy you.
Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo Soup Recipe
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken broth
- 28 oz (840 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 pound (360 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups cubed lean ham
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons gumbo file powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked converted long-grain rice
- 3/4 pound (360 g) sausages, sliced
- salt and hot pepper sauce, to taste
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except rice, shrimp, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, adding rice during the last 2 hours and stirring shrimp during the last 20 minutes.
Turn the cooker off. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and add hot pepper sauce to taste.
Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.